The Best English Weblog
1. Pretextبهانه، عذر، دستاویز: excuse, cause, con, ploy, ruse, grounds
2. Fabricateجعل کردن، تقلید کردن، سر هم کردن، بافتن : invent, fake, make up, concoct, dream up, trump up, cook up
3. Adroit: زرنگ، زبردست، چالاک، skillful, skilled, nimble, practiced
4. Gesticulate: با سر و دست اشاره کردن/فهماندن gesture, wave, signal, wigwag, motion, sign
5. Vigilant: مراقب، هوشیار، حساس، گوش به زنگ watchful, on your guard, attentive, alert, wary, cautious ≠ slack
خوب این هم 5 تا کلمه امروز. یه داستان جنایی بخونیم ببینیم این کلمات به چه کار می آیند.
Dr. Jekyll or Mr. Hyde?
Under the pretext of being a surgeon he gained entry to the hospital. When interviewed by the director, he had to fabricate a tale of his medical experience, but he was so adroit at lying that he got away with it. It was not until the phony "doctor" began to gesticulate wildly with his scalpel, that a vigilant nurse was able to detect the fraud. In the annals of medical history there have been a number of such cases.
با کلمات جدید این جاخالیها را پر کنید.
1. The shootings at Columbine High School made educators much more ________,
2. My nephew is quite __________ at making model airplanes.
3. Most fisherman can __________ a story about the size of the one that got away.
4. Her __________ of being tired did not fool us for an instant.
5. I often marvel as I watch the traffic officer __________ at the onrushing cars.
Pick the letter of the definition that matches your new word and write it in the answer space.
6. Pretext ____ a. to lie; to construct
7. Fabricate ____ b. skillful
8. Adroit ____ c. an excuse
9. Gesticulate ____ d. watchful
10. Vigilant ____ e. move the arms energetically
a wet blanket one who spoils the funآیه یاس، ضد حال،
Everyone wanted the party to go on, but Ronnie, the wet blanket, decided to go home to bed.
طبقه بندی: Idiom، لغت،
|[قالب وبلاگ : تمزها] [Weblog Themes By : themzha.com]|